Cluster No. 16 (BCCL)
Cluster 16 (BCCL) is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 1.5 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The 2 operating mines include Basantimata and Dahibari Basantimata. There are three other mines, Chanch, Laikdih Deep, and New Laikdih, that are currently closed.
The map below shows the 23.730779, 86.756071 location of the Basantimata mine in Cluster 16 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Mugma, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.730779, 86.756071 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Basantimata (0.21 MTPA), Dahibari Basantimata (1.3 MTPA), Chanch (O MTPA), Laikdih Deep (O MTPA), and New Laikdih (O MTPA)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Paryavaran Bhawan,Cluster XVI, Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, February 6, 2013.