Cluster No. 3 (ECL)
From Global Energy Monitor
Cluster No. 3 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 3.97 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) near Asansol, Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
The operating mines include Bonjemehari, Dabor, and Sangramgarh.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 3 coal mines, with the Dabor mine in the middle, in Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, operates the Cluster 3 coal mines.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
- Coordinates: 23.789723, 86.915206 (location of Dabor mine)
- Status: operating
- Capacity: Bonjemehari (0.5 MTPA), Dabor (2.47 MTPA), and Sangramgarh (1 MTPA). (Actual Production: 1.03 million tonnes at Dabor).
- Reserves: 11.78 million tonnes (Proven and Probable, 2013) 
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Environmental Compliance, September 2017
- ↑ Environmental Clearance, "Revised application for TOR for Cluster No.3", MoEFCC India, Accessed June 2021