Cluster No. 3 (ECL)
Cluster No. 3 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 3.97 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) near Asansol, Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
The operating mines include Bonjemehari, Dabor, and Sangramgarh.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 3 coal mines, with the Dabor mine in the middle, in Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India.
- Coordinates: 23.789723, 86.915206 (location of Dabor mine)
- Status: operating
- Capacity: Bonjemehari (0.5 MTPA), Dabor (2.47 MTPA), and Sangramgarh (1 MTPA).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Environmental Compliance, September 2017