Cluster No. 4 (BCCL)
Cluster 4 (BCCL) is a group of five underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of approximately 2.85 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
In 2014, the company has proposed increasing production to 7.34 million-tonnes-per-annum. The proposal was likely shelved.
The operating mines include: Salanpur, Katras Choitudih, Amalgamated West Mudidih-Keshalpur, Amalgamated Angarpathra-Ramkanali, and Gaslitand.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster 4 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.808040, 86.291984 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Salanpur (0.15 MTPA), Katras Choitudih (0.22 MTPA), Amalgamated West Mudidih-Keshalpur (2.19 MTPA), Amalgamated Angarpathra-Ramkanali (0.291 MTPA), Gaslitand (0.6 MTPA).
- Reserves: Salanpur (16.31 MT), Katras Choitudih (67.7 MT), Amalgamated West Mudidih-Keshalpur (40.987 MT), Amalgamated Angarpathra-Ramkanali (64.384 MT), Gaslitand (80.73) MT.
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute, Environmental Impact Assessment & Environmental Management Plan, December 2014.