Cluster No. 4 (ECL)
Cluster No. 4 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 2.8 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Asansol, Burdwan, West Bengal, India.
The operating mines include Khoriabad opencast, and the Gaurandih, and Gaurandih Begunia mines. The Itapara coal mine, a proposed 4 MTPA opencast project, will triple the productive capacity of Cluster 4.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 4 coal mines, in Asansol, Burdwan, West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Purulia, West Bengal, India.
- Coordinates: 23.761189, 86.948139 (location of district office)
- Status: operating
- Capacity: Khoriabad underground (0 MTPA) Khoriabad opencast (0.1 MTPA), Gaurandih underground (0.05 MTPA), Gaurandih Block (0.4 MTPA), Gaurandih Begunia (1.8 MTPA).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Environmental Statement in Form V, March 31, 2016