Cluster No. 4 (ECL)
Cluster No. 4 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 2.8 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Asansol, Burdwan, West Bengal, India.
The operating mines include Khoriabad opencast, and the Gaurandih, and Gaurandih Begunia mines.
The Itapara coal mine, a proposed 4 million tonne mine, would triple the productive capacity of Cluster 4. It submitted environmental permits in 2018, and updates since have been sparse.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 4 coal mines, in Asansol, Burdwan, West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Purulia, West Bengal, India.
- Coordinates: 23.761189, 86.948139 (location of district office)
- Status: operating
- Capacity: Khoriabad underground (0 MTPA) Khoriabad opencast (0.1 MTPA), Gaurandih underground (0.05 MTPA), Gaurandih Block (0.4 MTPA), Gaurandih Begunia (1.8 MTPA).
- Reserves: 13 million tonnes (Proven and Probable, 2016) 
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing: