Cluster No. 5 (BCCL)
Cluster 5 (BCCL) is a group of seven underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 4.85 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The operating mines include: Mudidih, Bansdeopur, Tentulmari, Sendra Bansjora, Kankanee, and Nichitpur. The Loyabad mine is currently closed.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster 5 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.795532, 86.330604 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Mudidih (1.553 MTPA), Bansdeopur (0.676 MTPA),Tentulmari (0.795 MTPA), Sendra Bansjora (1.8 MTPA), Kankanee (0.92 MTPA), Nichitpur (0.6 MTPA), Loyabad (0 MTPA).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
Articles and resources
- Bharat Coking Coal Limited, Cluster V Proposal for Amendment in EC, February 7, 2018.