Cluster No. 5 (ECL)
Cluster No. 5 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 0.485 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in the Purulia, West Bengal, India.
The existing mines include the Parbelia and Dubeshwari mines.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 5 coal mines, in Purulia, West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Purulia, West Bengal, India.
- Coordinates: 23.329721, 86.361701 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Parbelia underground (.15 MTPA), Parbelia opencast (0.1 MTPA), Dubeshwari underground (0.135 MTPA), Dubeshwari opencast (0.1 MTPA).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Environmental Statement in Form IV, March 31, 2016