Cluster No. 7 (BCCL)
Cluster 7 (BCCL) is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of approximately 5 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The operating mines include: Dhansar, Kusunda, Viswakarma, Alkusa, Ena, Rajapur Opencast/ South Jharia (ROCP/SJ), Burragarh, Simlabahal, Hurriladih, Bhutgoria, and Kustore.
The ROCP/SJ project is currently producing more than capacity, at 2.23 million tonnes per annum.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster 7 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.773116, 86.399933 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Dhansar (0.8 MTPA), Kusunda (2 MTPA), Viswakarma (0.7 MTPA), Alkusa (0.15 MTPA), Ena (0.17 MTPA), South Jharia / Rajapur (1.3 MTPA), Burragarh (0.221 MTPA), Simlabahal (0.325 MTPA), Hurriladih, Bhutgoria (0.468 MTPA), Kustore.
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
Articles and resources
- Bharat Coking Coal Limited, Sixth Month Compliance Report, June 20, 2019.