Cluster No. 8 (ECL)
Cluster No. 8 is a group of underground and opencast coal mines operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 2.75 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in West Bengal, India.
The operating mines include Ningah, Satgram, and Sirpur Incline mine. 5 other mines are currently suspended: Sirpur underground, Bhanora, Girmint/KDI, Mithapur opencast, and Mithapur West.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster No. 8 coal mines, with the Bhanora mine in the center, in West Bengal, India.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: West Bengal, India.
- Coordinates: 23.727708, 87.019509
- Status: operating/suspended
- Capacity: Ningah (0.1 MTPA), Satgram (1.2 MTPA), and Sirpur Incline mine (0.136 MTPA). The mines currently suspended and previous capacities: Sirpur underground (0.024 MTPA), Bhanora (0.3 MTPA), Girmint/KDI (0.65 MPTA), Mithapur opencast (0.3 MTPA), and Mithapur West (0.04 MTPA).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Environmental Compliance, September 2016