Cluster No. 9 (BCCL)
Cluster 9 (BCCL) is a group of seven underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 6.55 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The operating mines include: Bararee, Jealgora, Jeenagora, Joyrampur, Lodna, and South Tisra mines.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster 9 coal mines, with the Lodna mine in the center of the frame, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
As of 2013, the proposed North Tisra/South Tisra (NTST) opencast mine was set to produce 6 million tonnes per annum, at a maximum depth of 244 m, witha mineable reserve of 155 million tonnes, on 1431 ha. The project remains listed on the companies annual report in 2019 and Piyush Goyal, Hon'ble Minister for Railways and Coal visited the site on October 13, 2018.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.729089, 86.4431996 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 6.55 MTPA Total.
- Reserves: 665 million tonnes (Total).
- In service: 1972
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Mining method: Underground and Opencast
- Mine size: 1921 ha (Total)
Articles and resources
- Bharat Coking Coal Limited, Cluster IX Environmental Monitoring Report, October 2017.
- Forest Clearance accessed June 2020
- BCCL, Annual Report 2019, accessed November 2020
- Coal India Limited, Twitter Account, October 13, 2018
- Bharat Coking Coal Limited,Operations, Company Website, accessed November 2020