Cogen Altamira power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Cogen Altamira power station is a 350-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction (as of June 2019) in Altamira, the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Pto Industrial Altamira - Altamira, the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
The Cobra Group was constructing this plant for Akra Polyester S.A De C.V. (Alpek). In January 2019, Alpek signed an agreement to sell the plant to ContourGlobal. ContourGlobal reported that "ContourGlobal’s obligation to complete the Acquisition is conditional upon CGA1 successfully completing its commissioning tests and entering into commercial operations."
- Sponsor: Cogen De Altamira SA (CGA)
- Parent company: Akra Polyester S.A De C.V.
- Location: Pto Industrial Altamira - Altamira, the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Coordinates: 22.3739, -97.9038 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 350 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 350 MW (to start 2019)
Articles and Resources
- Cogeneration Plant Altamira, Cobra website, accessed Nov 25 2019
- Alpek has signed an agreement with ContourGlobal for the sale of its two cogeneration power plants for U.S. $801 million, Alpek website, Jan 6 2019
- Acquisition of Combined Heat and Power Portfolio in Mexico from Alpek, ContourGlobal website, Jan 7, 2019