Cogen Altamira power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Cogen Altamira power station is a 750-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, partly under construction and partly proposed in Altamira, the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Pto Industrial Altamira - Altamira, the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
The Cobra Group was constructing this plant for Akra Polyester S.A De C.V. (Alpek). In January 2019, Alpek signed an agreement to sell the plant to ContourGlobal. ContourGlobal reported that "ContourGlobal’s obligation to complete the Acquisition is conditional upon CGA1 successfully completing its commissioning tests and entering into commercial operations."
As of June 2021, the Cobra Group project page still listed the status of Cogen Altamira as "in progress".
- Sponsor: Cogen De Altamira SA (CGA)
- Parent company: ContourGlobal PLC
- Location: Pto Industrial Altamira - Altamira, the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Coordinates: 22.3739, -97.9038 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 348 MW
- Gross Capacity (proposed): 414 MW
Articles and Resources
- "TABLA DE PERMISOS DE GENERACIÓN E IMPORTACIÓN DE ENERGÍA ELÉCTRICA ADMINISTRADOS AL 30 DE ABRIL DE 2018" (PDF). Observatorio del Ecosistema de Innovación de las Energías Limpias. April 30, 2018.
- Cogeneration Plant Altamira, Cobra website, accessed Nov 25 2019
- Alpek has signed an agreement with ContourGlobal for the sale of its two cogeneration power plants for U.S. $801 million, Alpek website, Jan 6 2019
- Acquisition of Combined Heat and Power Portfolio in Mexico from Alpek, ContourGlobal website, Jan 7, 2019
- "Cogeneration Plant Altamira". GRUPO COBRA. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "ACQUISITION OF COMBINED HEAT AND POWER PORTFOLIO IN MEXICO FROM ALPEK". CONTOURGLOBAL PLC. January 7, 2019.