Cogen Salamanca power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Cogeneration and Combined Cycle Salamanca power station is a proposed 840-megawatt (MW) gas-fired combined cycle power plant in the state of Guanajuato, Mexico.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Salamanca, the state of Guanajuato, Mexico.
The second phase is a 840 MW combined cycle power plant. In October 2019, Mexico's Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE) put a bid out for construction of the combined cycle power plant.
Conflicting reports put the combined cycle facility either at the cogeneration facility or in the old oil-fired Salamanca Thermal power plant – idled in late 2017 - a few kilometers away. If the cogeneration facility and the combined cycle were meant to be built together, as this El Sol de Salamanca report said, then the combined cycle plant would have to be built by the cogeneration facility, which is already located away from the old oil-fired thermal power plant.
- Sponsor: Cogeneracion De Salamanca SA
- Parent company: Cogeneracion De Salamanca SA
- Location: Salamanca, the state of Guanajuato, Mexico
- Coordinates: 20.5739, -101.1957 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 840 MW
- Cogeneration unit: 393 MW (operational since 2017)
- Combined-cycle unit: 840 MW (to start 2023)
Articles and Resources
- Proyectos de Cogeneración y Ciclo Combinado (Update: April 30, 2018), Government of Mexico website, Nov 23, 2019
- En el olvido, la Termoeléctrica, El Sol de Salamanca, Feb 11, 2019
- DISEÑO, CONSTRUCCIÓN, EQUIPAMIENTO E INSTALACIÓN DE LA CENTRAL CICLO COMBINADO SALAMANCA DE GENERACIÓN DE ENERGÍA ELÉCTRICA, EN EL ESTADO DE GUANAJUATO., Mexico Projects, Government of Mexico website, Oct 24, 2019
- CFE plans fail to ease S&P concerns, Bnamericas, Oct 1, 2019
- Ronald Buchanan, Mexico’s CFE Charges Ahead With NatGas Power Plans Amid New Import Capacity, NaturalGasIntel.com, Oct 2, 2019
- Pemex and CFE start cogeneration tests in Salamanca today, Energia a Debate, Apr 19, 2017, "...the external cogeneration project that is built next to the Ing. Antonio M. Amor de Pemex refinery in Salamanca, Guanajuato"
- Emiliano Bellini, Mexico announces plans for 13 GW of new generation capacity – but no renewables in sight, pv magazine, April 30, 2019