Collie South West Hub
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Collie South West Hub is a Carbon Capture and Storage research and demonstration project aimed at collecting captured carbon dioxide from coal fired power stations and other industry in the area southwest of Perth in Western Australia.
In December 2009 the federal Minister for Resources, Energy and Tourism Martin Ferguson announced that the Collie South West Hub project had been shortlisted as one of four projects for federal funding of pre-feasibility work. The media release announcing the decision stated that "the Hub was chosen because it is near potentially suitable storage sites and a large source region for CO2 capture - the industrial centres of Kwinana and Collie. It aims to store up to 3.3 mega tonnes of CO2 per annum."
Articles and resources
- Martin Ferguson, "CCS Flagship projects short-listed", Media Release, December 8, 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Australia
- Carbon Capture and Storage demonstration projects worldwide
- Australia and coal
- "Victorian CarbonNet makes shortlist for Australian first", Media Release, December 8, 2009.