Comet Ridge to Wallumbilla Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Comet Ridge to Wallumbilla Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from the Bowen-Surat Basin in Queensland to the Wallumbilla gas hub near Roma in Queensland.
- Operator: GLNG Operations Pty Limited (GLNG)
- Owner: GLNG Operations Pty Limited (GLNG)
- Current Capacity: 1125 terajoules per day (1040.3 million cubic feet per day)
- Length: 79 Miles / 127 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2007
The Comet Ridge to Wallumbilla Gas Pipeline (CRWP) is operated and owned by GLNG Operated Pty Limited (GLNG). GLNG is owned by Santos 30%; PETRONAS 27.5%; Total 27.5%; KOGAS 15%. The CRWP is an uncovered pipeline under the National Gas Law and is therefore not subject to regulation under the National Gas Rules. In May 2019 the pipeline was connected to the newly commissioned Roma North gas facility by a new 5.6-km pipeline.
Articles and resources
- State of the Energy Market, May 2017, Australian Energy Regulator, May 2017
- QLD: Comet Ridge to Wallumbilla Pipeline, Australian Energy Market Commission, accessed February 2018
- Senex begins commissioning of Roma North gas facility, NS Energy, May 28, 2019