Constitution Oil and Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Constitution Oil and Gas Pipeline is an operating offshore oil pipeline in the USA.
The pipeline runs approximately 5,000 feet underwater in the central Gulf of Mexico, connecting the Constitution, Ticonderoga, and Caesar Tonga fields with the Cameron Highway Oil Pipeline and Poseidon Oil Pipeline systems at Cameron Highway's Ship Shoal 332B junction platform.
- Owner: Enterprise Products Partners
- Parent company: Enterprise Products Partners
- Capacity: 100,000 barrels per day
- Diameter: 16 inches
- 70 miles (oil)
- 32 miles (natural gas)
- Status: Operating
- Start year: 2006
- Associated infrastructure:
The pipeline was originally owned and operated by Enterprise GP Holdings, which was later acquired by Enterprise Products Partners.
The pipeline was completed in 2005 to provide gathering services for the Constitution and Ticonderoga fields in the south Green Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico. It consists of (1) a 32-mile, 16-inch natural gas pipeline with a capacity of 200 million cubic feet per day, connecting the two fields to Enterprise's existing Anaconda Gathering System, which gathers natural gas production from the Marco Polo area; and, (2) a 70-mile, 16-inch crude oil export pipeline with a capacity of 100,000 barrels per day, connecting the two fields with the Cameron Highway Oil Pipeline and Poseidon Oil Pipeline systems at Cameron Highway's Ship Shoal 332B junction platform.
In April 2006, pipeline owner Enterprise Products Partners received initial flows of crude oil and natural gas into its Constitution oil and gas pipelines from the Constitution and Ticonderoga fields.
Articles and resources
- ↑ Constitution Oil and Gas Pipeline , A Barrel Full, accessed September 2017
- ↑ Deepwater GOM Growth Strategy Securities and Exchange Commission, accessed April 20, 2020
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Enterprise Offshore Business Enterprise Products Partners, accessed October 2017
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Enterprise Announces Initial Flows on Constitution Oil and Gas Pipelines, Business Wire, 12 Apr. 2006