Contai-Paradip-Dattapulia Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Contai-Paradip-Dattapulia Gas Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from Contai, West Bengal through Paradip, Odisha to Dattapulia, West Bengal, with spur lines to Cuttack and Bhubaneshwar, Haldia, Kolaghat, Uluberia, and Kolkata.
- Operator: H-Energy
- Parent Company: H-Energy
- Proposed capacity: 5.26 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 438 miles / 705 kilometers
- Status: Cancelled
- Start Year:
The pipeline is owned and operated by H-Energy. In July 2016 the bidding process for the pipeline was cancelled by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board, which expressed concerns about the project's viability.
Articles and resources
- Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI) for laying, building and operating Contai (West Bengal)-Paradip (Odisha)-Dattapulia (West Bengal) Natural Gas Pipeline, PNGRB, Mar. 5, 2015
- H-Energy seeks extension of gas pipeline to Contai, The Hindu Business Line, Mar. 28, 2017
- Expansion of Natural Gas Pipelines, Parliament of India, Dec. 18, 2017