Cooroorah coking coal project
The Cooroorah coking coal project is a proposed underground coking coal mine. The proposed site lies 17 kilometres north of Blackwater, between Curragh Mine and Jellinbah Mine, in the Bowen Basin, Queensland, Australia.
The undated image below shows the exact location of the proposed mine.
Coal Mine Background
In February 2018, the Company announced the results of its maiden drilling program looking at coal seams for resource delineation and to test the washability and coking coal quality. A further drilling program was completed in December 2018.
- Sponsor: Bowen Coking Coal
- Parent Company:
- Location: 17 kilometres north of Blackwater
- GPS Coordinates: -23.407870, 148.931119 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity:
- Total Resource: 177 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 70 million tonnes
- Coal type: Hard coking coal and Pulverised Coal Injection
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: