Corby power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Corby power station is a 350-megawatt (MW) gas- and fuel oil-fired power plant in Northamptonshire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Corby, Northamptonshire County, United Kingdom.
Under the EU's Industrial Emissions Directive (still effective after the United Kingdom left the EU), plants not meeting pollution limits would have to perform upgrades or opt-out and retire by 2023. Corby unit 1-1 opted out and will have to close in 2023.
- Sponsor: Electricity Supply Board (ESB)
- Parent company: Electricity Supply Board (ESB)
- Location: Corby, Northamptonshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 52.5104, -0.6814 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 350 MW
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 330 MW
Articles and Resources
- Industrial emissions standards and best available techniques, UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Dec 31, 2020
- Energy Trends 2015-2016, United Kingdom, Sep 2015
- T4 DY2024-25 Final Results, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Mar 22, 2021
- The Drax gas plant is dead: But other new gas projects are a headache for the COP26 team, Ember, Feb 15, 2021
- Capacity Market, United Kingdom, Mar 1, 2019
- Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES) United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 635400UFHDIQCDZ6JK11 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Energy Observatory ID 2770, accessed January 2020
- Generation Asset Map, ESB, accessed November 16, 2021
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (July 29, 2021). "Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES): electricity". gov.uk. Retrieved November 16, 2021.
- Capacity Market Register 2024-25 (T-4) - 13_04_2021, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Apr 13, 2021
- Ireland's ESB makes Eur177 million impairment on three-year-old UK CCGT, S&P Global, Sep 18, 2020