Cory cogeneration power station
|Part of the |
Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Cory cogeneration power station is an operating power station of at least 249-megawatts (MW) in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Cory cogeneration power station||Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada||52.0927, -106.8533 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit 1: 52.09269, -106.85331
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||CHP||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit 1||operating||gas||249 MW||combined cycle||yes||-||-|
CHP is an abbreviation for Combined Heat and Power. It is a technology that produces electricity and thermal energy at high efficiencies. Coal units track this information in the Captive Use section when known.
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit 1||ATCO Power Canada Ltd [50.00%]; Saskatchewan Power Corp (SaskPower) [50.00%]||Canadian Utilities Ltd [50.00%]; Saskatchewan Power Corp (SaskPower) [50.00%]|
Project-level captive use details
- Captive industry use (heat or power): Heat
- Captive industry: Other metals & mining
- Captive non-industry use (heat or power): Power
Articles and Resources
- "PowerPlantsAllGE100MW_NorthAmerica_201708.xlsx". North American Cooperation on Energy Information (NACEI). August 1, 2017. Archived from the original on May 14, 2021. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- "Cory Cogeneration Station". Archived from the original on July 9, 2022. Retrieved July 11, 2022.
- "Cory Cogeneration Station". www.saskpower.com. Archived from the original on June 3, 2021. Retrieved January 29, 2022.
To access additional data, including an interactive map of gas-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.