Cottam power station
|Part of the |
Global Coal Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
|Related coal trackers:|
Cottam power station is a retired power station in Cottam, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Cottam power station||Cottam, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom||53.3048, -0.7816 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit 1: 53.304757, -0.781646
- Unit 2: 53.304757, -0.781646
- Unit 3: 53.304757, -0.781646
- Unit 4: 53.304757, -0.781646
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit 1||retired||coal - bituminous||546 MW||subcritical||-||-|
|Unit 2||retired||coal - bituminous||546 MW||subcritical||-||-|
|Unit 3||retired||coal - bituminous||546 MW||subcritical||-||-|
|Unit 4||retired||coal - bituminous||546 MW||subcritical||-||-|
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit 1||EDF Energy Ltd||EDF Energy Holdings Ltd|
|Unit 2||EDF Energy Ltd||EDF Energy Holdings Ltd|
|Unit 3||EDF Energy Ltd||EDF Energy Holdings Ltd|
|Unit 4||EDF Energy Ltd||EDF Energy Holdings Ltd|
- Source of financing:
The 4 x 500 MW subcritical power station was first commissioned in 1969-1970.
Articles and Resources
- Department of Energy and Climate Change, "Power stations in the United Kingdom, May 2012", Department of Energy and Climate Change, May 2012. (This link is to an Excel spreadsheet).
- "Cottam power station to cease generation," EDF Energy, February 7, 2019
- "Cottam Power Station closes after more than 50 years," BBC, Sep. 30, 2019
To access additional data, including an interactive map of coal-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Coal Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.