Crimea LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Crimea LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in the Crimea, Ukraine.
- Owner: Gazprom; Petrel Resources
- Location: Crimea, Ukraine
- Coordinates: 45.3098595, 33.9329082 (approximate)
- Capacity: TBD
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Export
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In September 2018 Irish-based Petrel Resource submitted a proposal to Russian state gas monopoly Gazprom to develop a liquefied natural gas export facility on the Crimean Peninsula. The export terminal would be fed primarily by a gas pipeline from existing discoveries in western Siberia and central Asia.
In July 2018 the Ukrainian embassy in Ireland warned Petrel that the Ukraine did not recognize Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea, and urged Petrel not to build a terminal in a part of the Crimea controlled by Russia.
Articles and resources
- Petrel views Crimean gas-export opportunity, Petroleum Economist, Sep. 21, 2018
- Ukraine warns Irish company about inadmissibility of building LNG terminal in Crimea, Unian, Jul. 3, 2018