Cross River Essar power station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Cross River Essar power station was a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Cross River State, Nigeria.
As of December 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in in Cross River State, Nigeria.
India's energy company Essar announced plans to build a 600 MW power plant in two phases in Cross River State, Nigeria, in 2011.
- Sponsor: Essar Africa Holdings
- Parent company: Essar Group
- Location: in Cross River State, Nigeria
- Coordinates: 6.1670, 8.6601 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 600 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-2: 300 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- India’s Essar to finance 600 MW gas power plant in Nigeria, Power Engineering, Jun 7, 2011
- Zimbabwe seeks new investors for steel company, Reuters, Apr 13, 2021