In 2004, the Tondu Corporation began developing the Crossroads Project, a 630 megawatt (MW) Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) coal plant, to be located near New Carlisle in St. Joseph County, Indiana. The project was designed and engineered but the local siting permit was denied in 2005.
Sponsor: Tondu Corp.
Location: New Carlisle, St. Joseph County, Indiana
Size: 630 MW
Projected in service: N/A
- “Tracking New Coal-Fired Power Plants,” National Energy Tech Lab, May 1, 2007, page 13. (Pdf)
- "IGCC Newspaper Articles Report: Indiana county rejects 550-MW Tondu project", Energy Center of Wisconsin, 2006. (Pdf)
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- Indiana and coal
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)