Crown Kakinada LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Crown Kakinada LNG Terminal is a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import terminal proposed in India.
The terminal is proposed to be located offshore of Kakinada, India.
- Owner: Crown LNG India AS
- Parent company: Crown LNG
- Location: 11 km offshore Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh
- Coordinates: 16.9524, 82.3869 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start year: 2025
- FID status: Pre-FID (2022)
- Associated infrastructure:
In June 2021, Crown LNG began to develop an LNG import terminal offshore of Kakinada, India. Crown LNG will build and ensure operations and management of the facility over a 25-year lease period following the completion of construction. The project is planned as a gravity-based structure resting on the seabed. Crown LNG is targeting FID for the end of 2022 and the company expects to begin operations 3 years later.
Articles and resources
- "Crown LNG starts on Kakinada LNG terminal offshore India". Offshore Energy. 2021-06-09. Retrieved 2022-06-14.
- Wright2021-06-10T12:32:00+01:00, Anthony. "Crown LNG to develop LNG terminal offshore India". gasworld. Retrieved 2022-06-14.
- The LNG Industry: GIIGNL Annual Report. GIIGNL. May 2022.
Related GEM.wiki articles
* modify these accordingly