Cumberland Mine is an underground mine, operated by Cumberland Coal Resources, a subsidiary of Contura Energy, producing 6.4 miillion short tons per annum, near Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, United States.
On June 22, 2020, Contura put the mine up for sale.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
- MSHA ID: 3605018
- Owner: Cumberland Coal Resources, LP
- Parent company: Contura Energy
- Location: Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, United States
- GPS coordinates: 39.81, -80.17
- Production: 6,422,579 short tons (2018)
- Type of coal: bituminous
- Mine type: underground
- Number of employees: 750
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Pennsylvania and coal
- Proposed coal mines
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- Anna Litvak, Contura to put Cumberland Mine in Greene County up for sale, Post Gazette, June 22, 2020
- "Major U.S. Coal Mines," Energy Information Administration