Cuncaota Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Ulan Mulun Town, Ejin Horo Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, China.
Coal Mine Background
Cuncaota Coal Mine is operated by Shendong Coal Branch of China Shenhua Energy Co., Ltd.,It was completed and put into production by Haibowan Mining Bureau in October 1990, and transferred to Baotou Mining Bureau in April 1991, with an annual output of 150,000 tons of coal. After being transferred to Wanli Coal Branch in July 2005, it carried out technological upgradings and all were completed at the end of 2008, with an approved production capacity of 2.4 million tons per year.The production capacity was increased to 4.50Mt/a in January 2018.
An electrical and mechanical accident occurred in Cuncaota Coal Mine on August 12, 2020, resulting in 1 death.
- Operator:China Shenhua Energy Co., Ltd. Shendong Coal Branch
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Ulan Mulun Town, Ejin Horo Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia
- GPS Coordinates:39.442648, 110.035292(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 4.5Mt/a
- Minable Reserves: 175.62Mt
- Coal Type:bituminous (non-caking coal,long flame coal)
- Mine Size: 22.64k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1990