Cuncaota Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Ulan Mulun Town, Ejin Horo Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, China.
Coal Mine Background
Cuncaota Coal Mine is operated by Shendong Coal Branch of China Shenhua Energy Co., Ltd.The coal mine started to build in June 1988 and was completed and put into production in April 1991. The technical transformation began in November 2005 and was completed at the end of 2008 with an approved production capacity of 2.4 million tons per year. On August 12, 2020, an electrical and mechanical accident occurred in Cuncaota Coal Mine, resulting in 1 death.
- Operator:China Shenhua Energy Co., Ltd. Shendong Coal Branch
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Ulan Mulun Town, Ejin Horo Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia
- GPS Coordinates:39.474731,110.067578(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.4Mt/a
- Minable Reserves: 175.62Mt
- Coal Type:bituminous (non-caking coal,long flame coal),Thermal
- Mine Size: 22.64k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1991