Czech-Polish Interconnector Gas Pipeline (CPI)
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
- Owner: NET4GAS, s.r.o. / GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
- Length: 207 km / 128.6 miles
- Diameter: 39 inches
- Status: Shelved
- Financing: Two grants totalling €1,629,618 from the EU's Connecting Europe Facility
- Start Year: 2022-2023
- Cost: US$305,996,600
The planned Czech-Polish Gas Interconnector, known as "Stork II", consisted of the construction of a pipeline that would interconnect the existing transmission systems of the Czech Republic and Poland. Pipeline & Gas Journal reported on July 16, 2020 that the NET4GAS 2021-2030 development plan shows the company has "shelved its Czech-Polish pipeline project STORK II that was to boost cross-border capacity with Poland from 2023." Enerdata stated the project "will be downsized and is no longer expected before 2027-2028." The Moravia gas pipeline between Tvrdonice at the Austrian and Slovak border and Libhošť near Poland, part of STORK II, is one of the projects to be shelved by the company.
The European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas project codes are "TRA-A-136" (Czech-Polish Gas Interconnector (CPI)) and "TRA-A-273" (Poland - Czech Republic Gas Interconnection (PL section)).
Articles and resources
- ENTSOG TYNDP 2020 - Annex A - Projects Tables, ENTSOG, accessed January 2020.
- "Czech Gas Firm Scales Back Poland, Austria Interconnector Plans". pgjonline.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- CZECH-POLISH GAS INTERCONNECTOR, NET4GAS, accessed Jan. 16, 2020.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (October 2020). "TYNDP 2020 - MAP – Transmission" (PDF). ENTSOG. Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- "Preparatory studies for the Poland-Czech Republic interconnection [known as Stork II] between Libhošť (CZ)- Hať (CZ-PL) – Kędzierzyn (PL)". europa.eu. December 2020. Retrieved December 9, 2020.
- Czech-Polish Gas Interconnector, NET4GAS, accessed Jan. 16, 2020.
- Preparatory studies for the Poland-Czech Republic interconnection [known as Stork II between Libhošť (CZ)- Hať (CZ-PL) – Kędzierzyn (PL)], European Commission, accessed Dec. 17, 2020
- Design works for upgrade of CS Břeclav, European Commission, accessed Dec. 17, 2020
- Ministry of Industry and Trade (February 2019). "PREVENTIVE ACTION PLAN" (PDF). europa.eu. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (November 25, 2020). "TYNDP 2020 Annex A.2 – Project Tables". ENTSOG. Retrieved December 2, 2020.
- "Czech TSO suspends gas interconnection projects with Poland and Austria | Enerdata". www.enerdata.net. Retrieved 2020-12-10.