Siechnice power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Poland and coal.|
Siechnice (Czechnica) power station is a 132-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Siechnice, Poland.
A gas unit is proposed at the site.
The photo below shows the plant.
PGE acquired EDF's Polish assets in 2017. The company proposed building a new combined-cycle unit at the existing Siechnice site, which would replace the coal units. Polimex Mostostal S.A. was provisionally chosen as the construction company in January, 2021.
Construction of the cogeneration unit began in October 2021.
- Sponsor: Kogeneracja S.A. 
- Parent company: PGE SA (Polska Grupa Energetyczna SA) [58%], Aviva Group [10%], Capital Group of Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń SA (PZU Group) [8%], Aegon NV [7%], Nationale-Nederlanden [5%], Other [12%] 
- Location: Siechnice, Lower Silesian
- Coordinates: 51.0378134, 17.1496931 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type: Hard coal
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Gross Generating Capacity (operating): 132 MW
- Unit 1: Coal fired, 50 MW (start-up in 1955, projected retirement in 2023)
- Unit 2: Coal fired, 50 MW (start-up in 1955, projected retirement in 2023)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired, 32 MW (start-up in 1955, projected retirement in 2023)
- Gross Generating Capacity (construction): 179 MW
- CC4: Gas-fired combined-cycle with CHP, 179 MW (start-up in 2023)
Articles and Resources
- Production data, Kogeneracja S.A. website, accessed February 2016
- PGE purchases EDF Polish CHP assets for $1.57bn, Power Engineering International, May 23, 2017
- Nowa inwestycja pod Wrocławiem. Wybudują wielką elektrociepłownię, wyborcza, January 15, 2019
- Conditional approval of Polimex Mostostal S.A. and Polimex Energetyka sp. z o.o. consortium’s offer for construction of gas and steam CHP plant in Siechnice (New Czechnica CHP plant), PGE, January 3, 2021
- "New Unit EC Czechnica - KOGENERACJA S.A." www.kogeneracja.com.pl. Retrieved 2022-01-06.
- The Company, Kogeneracja, accessed March 24, 2021
- GAZ-SYSTEM: Agreement with CHP Plant Czechnica Signed, GAZ-SYSTEM, June 3, 2020