DETES 1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
DETES 1 power station is a proposed 160-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Zonguldak province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Çatalağzı district, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Zonguldak province.
Background on Plant
Demir Madencilik Petrol Products plans to build a 160 MW domestic coal-fired DETES-1 Integrated Thermal Power Plant in Zonguldak. The EIA is underway. A meeting to review the plant's plan for coal ash storage and discharge was scheduled for October 2017.
A leading environmental engineer claims cancer causing airborne particles (PM10) already exceed WHO limits due to existing local coal plants, and that ash storage would cause significant air and sea pollution.
- Sponsor: Demir Madencilik
- Parent company: Demir Madencilik
- Location: Çatalağzı district, Zonguldak province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 41.498, 31.868 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 160 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source: Domestic
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Zonguldak`a 160 MW`lık DETES-1 Entegre Termik Santrali," Enerji Gunlugu, 1-12-2015
- DETES 1 Entegre Termik Santrali incelenecek Kaynak: DETES 1 Entegre Termik Santrali incelenecek , Enerji Gunlugu, Sep. 21, 2019
- "Çatalağzı nefes alamıyor, yeni termik santraller planlanıyor," evrensel, 19-12-2017