Daba power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Daba power station (宁夏大坝发电厂) is a 2,520-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows Units 1-4 to the south, Units 5-6 in the center, and Daba-4 under construction to the north in Qingtongxia, Wuzhong.
Background on Plant
Daba power station is a six-unit coal-fired power station of 2,520 MW. It was commissioned from 1991 to 2009, and is owned by China Huaneng (1-4 units) and China Datang (5-6 units). Units 5-6 are also known as Daba-2.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, which may be scaled down as a result.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: China Huaneng (Units 1-4), China Datang (Units 5-6)
- Location: Daba Town (Dabazhen), Qingtongxia, Wuzhong, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: Units 1-4: 37.9854795, 105.9283345; Units 5-6: 37.9897243, 105.9258293 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,520 MW (Units 1-4: 330 MW, Units 5-6: 600 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 1991-2009
- Coal type: Bituminous, Anthracite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "宁夏大坝电厂三期扩建2×600MW项目获核准," China Datang, 2007-06-22
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "曹培玺胡式海拜会宁夏自治区领导" accessed June 2013
- "华能宁夏大坝电厂四期2×660MW工程环境影响评价公众参与公示", 宁夏环境保护网, 2014-08-04
- 华能宁夏大坝电厂四期工程7#机组 顺利通过168小时满负荷运行 BJX News, 北极星电力网新闻中心, 来源: 浙江二建电建, 作者:岳存强 10-23-2018
- 华能大坝电厂四期工程投产 相当于再造一个大坝电厂 CNR, 05-02-2019, 来源：宁夏日报