CPI Dabieshan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dabieshan power station (中电国际黄冈大别山发电公司) is a 2,600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hubei Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the location of the plant, near the city of Macheng, Hubei province.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
Construction on the expansion began in August 2016, despite 2016 China regulations that suspended the building of new plants in the province until 2018. However, because the plant is a government poverty reduction project, it is likely exempted from the restrictions on new coal plant builds. It is planned for operation in 2019.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
Project Details for Units 3 & 4 Expansion
- Sponsor: State Power Investment Corporation (51%), Huainan Mining Group (42%), Other (7%)
- Location: Zhongguanyi Town, Macheng, Hubei Province, China
- Coordinates: 31.1420662, 114.8921871 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 3 & 4: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2020
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "美丽电厂中国行—中电投大别山发电有限公司", 电站资讯网, 2014-04-30
- "中电投大别山电厂二期工程可研报告通过评审",中国机经网, 2014-03-20
- "黄冈大别山发电有限责任公司二期扩建工程灰场运灰道路穿越高速铁路安全评估及设计招标公告," dlztb.org, 2015-5-3
- "湖北大别山电厂二期项目涉嫌首个违反煤电“急刹车”政策," 北极星电力网, 2016-08-02
- Communication with Greenpeace East Asia, July 3, 2017
- "黄冈大别山发电有限责任公司招聘公告," 中电国际 , 2017.09.06
- "2×660MW！大别山发电厂二期扩建工程顺利通过168小时试运行," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/5/25
- "660MW！大别山4号机组一次性通过168小时满负荷试运行 - 北极星火力发电网". news.bjx.com.cn. 2020-12-28. Retrieved 2020-12-31.
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.