Dafang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dafang power station (华电大方电厂) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
A 660 MW expansion has been proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station, near the town of Dafang, in Dafang County, Bijie Prefecture, Guizhou Province.
Background on Project
The first four units of the coal-fired power station, totaling 1,200 MW, went into operation in 2006-2007. The four units are subcritical and 300 MW each. It is part of the project "Electricity Transmission From West to East". The electricity supplies Guangdong Grids.
Two new 660 MW supercritical units at the power station have been proposed. The new units are under environmental impact assessment, and planned for operation in 2017.
Construction was reported on unit 5 in November 2015. Unit 6 is still seeking approval.
While construction reportedly started on unit 5 in October 2015 - on the northeast side of the first 4 units, according to the permit document - a comparison of satellite images between February 2016 and April 2018 show there is no progress at the site. There is also no further news about its construction.
In July 2019 the units were listed as "key projects for clean electricity in Guizhou Province", with construction planned for 2021.
In October 2020 the Guizhou Development & Reform Commission revoked the permit for unit 6 at the power station, saying the permit would instead be allocated to another unnamed power project that "urgently needs to enter construction".
- Sponsor: Guizhou Dafang Power company
- Parent company: China Huadian
- Location: Dafang Town, Dafang County, Bijie Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 27.1006457, 105.5657641 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-4), Permitted (Unit 5), Cancelled (Unit 6 - permit revoked in 2020)
- Gross capacity: 2,520 MW (Units 1-4: 300 MW, Units 5-6: 660 MW)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1-4), Supercritical (Units 5-6)
- Start year: 2006-2007 (Units 1-4)
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Coal source: Guizhou Dafang Coal Mining Area
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "贵州大方电厂二期扩建（1×660MW）工程环境影响评价第二次公示," 2015-05-11
- ↑ "Archive: 华电贵州大方电厂新建工程4X300MW亚临界燃煤发电机组"中国项目网，2005-9-20
- ↑ "关于大方电厂二期扩建工程项目核准的批复," Guizhou Development and Reform Commission, 2015-04-28
- ↑ "贵州大方有限公司二期（2×660MW）燃煤机组工程开工建设," toutiao, 2015-11-02
- ↑ "贵州省清洁电力重点项目名单发布：2022年60万级以上煤电机组装机占比将达65%," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/7/30
- ↑ "大方电厂二期扩建工程（1×660MW）规划指标调整," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/10/10