Dafosi Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dafosi Coal Mine (陕西彬长大佛寺矿业有限公司大佛寺煤矿) is located in the territory of Bin County, Shaanxi Province, China. It has an annual production capacity of 8 million tonnes(Mt) per year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Tugou Village, Chengguan Town, Bin County, Xianyang, Shaanxi, China.
Coal Mine Background
Dafosi Coal Mine started to construct in August 2003 and completed the first phase in August 2006. The production capacity of the first phase is designed to be 3Mt/year, while the capacity of the second phase will be up to 8Mt/year.
In June 2015, the reconstruction and extension project of Dafosi Coal Mine was approved by the National Development and Reform Commission. The scale of production capacity was increased from 3Mt/year to 8Mt/year.
The proved production capacity of the mine is 6 million tonnes/year in 2019.
A gas suffocation accident occurred on October 22, 2019, causing four deaths and one injury.
- Sponsor: Shaanxi Bingchang Dafosi Mining Co.
- Parent Company: Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group（56.83%），Binxian Coal Co. (5%), Shaanxi Investment Group(5%), others(33.17%)
- Location: Tugou Village, Chengguan Town, Bin County, Xianyang, Shaanxi, China
- GPS Coordinates: 35.062428,107.960069
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 8 Mt/a 
- Total Resource: 1030.17Mt
- Minable Reserves: 557.23Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous(long flame coal)
- Mine Size: 71.2931k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2006
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- "坚持综合治理 实现安全发展——大佛寺煤矿在分局辖区煤矿安全工作会上的发言"陕西煤矿安全监察局，2012/06/28
- "陕西煤业股份有限公司公司债券2020年跟踪评级报告Page10"，联合信用评级有限公司，June 16, 2020
- "陕西彬长矿区大佛寺煤矿改扩建工程 环境影响报告书 （简写本）"道客巴巴，2014/12/14