Dahej Cogen power station (Reliance)
The Dahej Cogen power station is a 279-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Gujarat, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Dahej.
Reliance Power is sponsoring a 3 x 93 MW coal plant in Dahej, Gujarat. The contractor is BHEL. The coal plant - along with the Hazira power station (Reliance) - is being set up to meet the power requirements of Reliance's refinery projects at Hazira and Dahej. Units 1 and 2 were commissioned in 2016. Unit 3 is planned for 2017.
- Sponsor: Reliance Power
- Location: Dahej, Vagra taluk, Bharuch district, Gujarat
- Coordinates: 21.6863383, 72.5814927 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Construction (Unit 3)
- Nameplate capacity: 279 MW (Units 1-3: 93 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2016 (Units 1-2), 2017 (Unit 3)
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "BHEL commissions 93 MW unit at RIL's Hazira power plant," Deccan Chronicle, Nov 23, 2016