Dairyland Chickasaw/Mitchell Plant
Dairyland Chickasaw/Mitchell Plant was a proposed coal plant, to be built in Mitchell or Chickasaw County, Iowa.  Plans for the plant were abandoned in 2004.
In 2004 Dairyland began planning a 400 megawatt (MW) power plant to be located either in Mitchell County or Chickasaw County, Iowa. Dairyland Power Cooperative abandoned this project later in 2004, deciding instead to buy a 30 percent share of the Weston 4 power plant from Wisconsin Public Service Company.
Sponsor: Dairyland Power Cooperative
Location: Mitchell County or Chickasaw County, Iowa
Capacity: 400 MW
Status: Abandoned in 2004
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- Iowa and coal
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)
- Notice of Intent for Public Hearings on EIS, January 13, 2004.[[