Dananhu West No.2 open-pit mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dananhu West No.2 open-pit mine (国网能源哈密煤电有限公司西区二号露天煤矿)(Phase I) the construction site is located in Dananhu Town, Yizhou District, Hami City, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, and the approved production capacity is 13 million tonnes per year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Dananhu Town, Yizhou District, Hami City, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
Coal Mine Background
On March 1, 2018, the National Development and Reform Commission approved the first-phase project of the No. 2 open-pit coal mine in the west area of Xinjiang Dananhu mining area, with an approved production capacity of 6 million tonnes per year. The coal mine project was an illegal coal mine that started construction without approval. The designed total production capacity of No. 2 Open-pit Mine is 10 million tons/year, and this project is a phase one project.
On January 4, 2021, the production capacity of Xinjiang Dananhu No. 2 Mine was increased from 6 million tons/year to 10 million tons/year.
On April 15, 2022, the production capacity of Xinjiang Dananhu No. 2 Mine was increased from 10 million tons/year to 13 million tons/year.
- Sponsor: State Grid Corporation of China Hami Coal&Energy Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: China Energy Investment Corporation(100%) 
- Location: Hami City, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
- GPS Coordinates: 42.337463,93.327456
- Status: operating
- Production Capacity: 13Mt/year
- Workforce Size: 1000-1999
- Coal Field: Dananhu Mining Area 
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 1513Mt(whole mining area)
- Coal Type: Bituminous coal (long flame coal)
- Mine Size: 40.52k㎡(whole mining area)
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 2017
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- "国家发展改革委关于新疆大南湖矿区西区二号露天煤矿一期工程项目核准的批复",国家发改委, 检索日期:2020/09/20
- "国神公司新疆大南湖二矿产能核定1000万吨/年-北极星火力发电网". news.bjx.com.cn. January 6, 2021.
- "国神公司煤矿产能核增600万吨/年获批复". www.ceic.com. April 24, 2022.
- "能源行业区域专题报告——新疆篇", 平安证券, 检索日期:2020/09/20