Danapuram BMM power station
Danapuram BMM power station is a 235-megawatt (MW) captive coal plant in Karnataka. It powers the BMM Ispat steel plant and other industrial facilities owned by BMM Ispat Pvt Ltd.
The undated satellite photo below shows the BMM Ispat facilities in Bellary.
In its 2010 environmental clearance, the company described the captive plant as 235-megawatt (MW) project. The plant is divided into plant 1 and 2. Plant 1 is 95 MW (70 MW and 25 MW) and was commissioned in 2011.
The 2 x 70 MW power plant 2 was commissioned in December 2012.
- Sponsor: BMM Ispat Pvt Ltd
- Parent company: BMM Ispat
- Location: Danapuram village, Hospet taluk, Bellary district, Karnataka
- Coordinates: 15.170332, 76.3790774 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 95 MW (70 MW and 25 MW); 140 MW (2 x 70 MW)
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service: Plant 1 (2011), Plant 2 (2012)
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Plant Location, BMM Ispat, Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- "Environmental Clearance," Government of India Ministry of Environment and Forests F. No. J-11011/236/2008- IA II (I), May 18, 2010.
- Captive Power Plant 1, BMM Ispat Ltd., Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- Captive Power Plant 2, BMM Ispat Ltd., Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- BMM Ispat, BMM Ispat Ltd., Retrieved on: May 6, 2020