Dantu Port power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dantu Port power station (神华国华丹徒高资煤炭储运基地配套发电项目) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangsu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Dantu District, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Zhenjiang Prefecture, Jiangsu Province.
Background on Project
Shenhua Group is has announced plans to build a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW in Jiangsu Province. The plant was scheduled to be completed in 2017.
However, with no developments since 2013, the project appears to be abandoned.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Shenhua Energy Co Ltd
- Parent Company: Shenhua Group (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Dantu District, Zhenjiang Prefecture, Jiangsu Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.131, 119.433 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "神华国华电力高资煤炭储备基地项目获核准", 国务院国有资产监督管理委员会, 2012-09-07
- "神华国华煤炭储备基地项目在丹徒经济开发区奠基", 镇江市商务局, 2012-09-29
- "杨省世会见全国人大常委会委员范徐丽泰," Jinshan network, 2013-09-18
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017