Daqing CCS power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Daqing CCS power station (大唐大庆东城热电项目) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal fired power station with carbon capture and storage in Heilongjiang Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Daqing city, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
In September 2011 China Datang Corporation and Alstom sign a Memorandum of Understanding to form a long-term strategic partnership and jointly develop the Datang Daqing CCS project, and began feasibility studies that year.
The project would involve construction of two 350 MW coal-fired units with carbon capture and storage (CCS). The power plant would be located east of Daqing City, in the Heilongjiang Province of China. The captured CO2 would be transported by pipeline to the Song Liao Basin, Heilongjiang Province, for sequestration in a deep saline formation. The project is also exploring opportunities to use the CO2 for enhanced oil recovery. Sequestration is planned to begin in 2020.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location may be on hold or cancelled. However, the plant's special status as an early example of carbon capture and sequestration may allow it to continue. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Datang Heilongjiang Power Gen
- Parent company: China Datang Corporation, Alstom China
- Location: Daqing city, Dongcheng District, Daqing Prefecture, Heilongjiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 46.495784,125.270036 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity:700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: CCS
- Projected in service: 2020
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ "大唐集团与法国阿尔斯通集团签署大庆热电联产CCS示范项目可行性研究协议," 2011/11/11
- ↑ "Datang Daqing CCS Project," Global CCS Institute, accessed January 2015
- ↑ "夏立华：加快推进东城热电联产项目建设," 大庆网添加日期, 2014-03-14
- ↑ "大庆市人民政府办公室关于设立大庆东城热电项目政企联合推进领导小组的通知," Daqing.gov.cn, 2014-03-12
- ↑ "关于大唐大庆东城热电联产新建工程项目进行文物调查勘探的竣工证明"省文化厅, 2012/8/4
Related GEM.wiki articles
- China and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage demonstration projects worldwide
- Carbon Capture and Storage in China