Dashava-Kiev-Bryansk-Moscow Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Dashava-Kiev-Bryansk-Moscow Gas Pipeline (Газопровод Дашава - Киев - Брянск - Москва) is an operating gas pipeline in Russia and Ukraine.
The pipeline runs from Dashava, Ukraine, to Kiev, Ukraine, to Bryansk, Russia, to Moscow, Russia.
- Parent company: Gazprom
- Current capacity: 1.8 bcm/yr
- Length: 1,301 kilometers / 808.4 miles
- Diameter: 20.87 in / 530 mm
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1952
In October 1948, the 509.6 km-long Dashava-Kiev gas pipeline segment began operation. For the first time, gas from Dashava went beyond the region and to Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. In August 1949, Joseph Stalin has issued a decree to extend the pipeline to Moscow. Construction continued and was completed by 1952, when Moscow officially started to receive the gas.
Until 1966, the pipeline was supplying gas from Dashava to Moscow. When new gas fields were discovered, the pipeline was connected to the Shebelinka-Poltava-Kiev Gas Pipeline. After the reconstruction of the loops at the compressor stations, the gas went through the pipes in the opposite direction - to the west. Now the pipeline supplies gas to most of the villages and towns of three regions in Ukraine: Kiev, Zhitomir and Ternopil.