Datang Dingxiang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Dingxiang power station (大唐定襄发电项目) was a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Dingxiang County, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Xinzhou Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Project
China Datang was planning to build a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW in Shanxi Province. Since there have been no reports of the project since 2012, and the project is no longer mentioned in the company's annual report, it appears to have been abandoned.
- Sponsor: Datang International Power Generation Co
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Dingxiang County, Xinzhou Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.473, 112.957 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: