Datang Dongying power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Dongying power station (大唐东营发电公司) is a proposed 4,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant at Dongying Port.
Background on Project
Construction began on units 1-2 in 2016.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
To help meet the coal capacity limit set out in China's 13th Five-Year Plan, the NEA sent letters to 13 provinces to enforce the suspension of over 100 specific coal plants under planning or construction, totaling nearly 100 GW of capacity. In the letters, NEA said the projects should be postponed to the 14th Five Year period (2021-2025). The list included units 1-2 of Datang Dongying.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
However, Planet satellite photos through June 2019 show construction on units 1-2 have continued.
With no developments since May 2015, units 3-4 appear to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: Dongying Port, Hekou District, Dongying Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.113151, 118.910229 (exact)
- Status: Construction (Units 1-2), Cancelled (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (Units 1-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- 关于大唐东营“上大压小”新建工程用海项目的公示” 中国黄河口, 2013-09-27
- “大唐东营百万千瓦发电项目获国家能源局批复,” 大众网 2013-03-13
- “山东大唐东营“上大压小“新建项目环境影响评价项目公示,” 东营日报, 2013-08-15
- "大唐东营百万火电项目获核准," 大唐山东发电公司, 2015-08-11
- "大唐东营2×1000MW新建工程第四批辅机招标公告," 2016-11-16
- "山东大唐东营“上大压小”新建项目环境影响报告书通过专家评审," 2015-05-21
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017