Datang Fuxin Coal gasification power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Fuxin Coal gasification power station (大唐国际阜新煤制天然气公司动力岛一期) is a coal gasification plant under development with 190 megawatts (MW) of coal-fired support capacity in Liaoning Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the construction site for the plant in Fuxin.
Background on Plant
In 2012 China Datang was planning a 400 MW coal-fired plant in Fuxin city.
However, by 2014 there had been no developments on the project, which was apparently abandoned. Instead, Datang began building a 4 billion cubic meter/year coal gasification plant in Fuxin, which the company has been trying to sell.
As of 2018 China Datang is still owner of the coal gasification plant, with 190 MW of coal-fired power supporting the gasification. 100 MW of that capacity is under construction.
As of June 2021 there have been no developments on units 4-5, which appear to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: Changyingzi Town, Xinqiu District, Fuxin Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 42.053821, 121.827257 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Announced (Unit 3), Cancelled (Units 4-5)
- Gross capacity: 190 MW (Units 1-2: 50 MW, Units 3-5: 30 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2020 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- 发改委同意建设大唐阜新煤制气项目03-17-2010, 中国化工报
- "Fuxin Ethanol Powerplant," Enipedia, updated Nov 4, 2012
- 大唐煤制气项目成烫手山芋 神华集团接盘顾虑重重 January 10, 2015, 中国经营报
- "大唐阜新煤制天然气项目工程开工-国际燃气网," 行业要闻, Apr 27, 2018
- "辽宁阜新40亿方煤制天然气项目正式投入商业运营,"中国煤炭资源网, CN Energy News, 2020-01-22
- 省发展改革委关于核定辽宁大唐国际阜新煤制天然气有限责任公司自备电厂上网电价的函 省发展改革委, 09-02-2019