Datang Jimsar power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Datang Jimsar power station (大唐新疆发电公司吉木萨尔分公司) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Xinjiang province, China.
The map below shows the proposed location for the plant in Beiting Industry Park.
Background on Plant
China Datang and the Xinjiang regional government have proposed a power station of two units of 350 MW each in the city of Changji. They plan for construction to begin in 2014 and operation in 2015, however in 2015 the company was still seeking approval for construction to begin.
As of January 2022, with no apparent construction progress since at least January 2019 based on Planet satellite imagery, the power station is presumed shelved.
- Sponsor: Datang Xinjiang Power Gen Co
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Beiting Industry Park, Jimsar county, Changji prefecture, Xinjiang province, China
- Coordinates: 43.959, 89.213 (exact)
- Status: Shelved (Construction on Hold)
- Capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Projected in service: 2019
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: