Datang Ordos Aluminum power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Ordos Aluminum power station (大唐鄂尔多斯硅铝科技有限公司自备电厂) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) captive coal-fired power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Junggar Banner, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
Datang Ordos Silicon & Aluminum Technology Co of China Datang is proposing a 2 x 350 MW captive coal-fired power station in Dalu Town, Junggar Banner. It was permitted for construction in March 2013.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Datang Ordos Silicon & Aluminum Technology Co
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Dalu Town, Junggar Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.866667, 111.233333 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "大唐鄂尔多斯硅铝科技有限公司," Dalu Industrial Park, accessed Sep 2015