Datang Shentou power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Shentou power station (大唐国际神头发电公司) is a 1,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Shentou, next to the Shenhua Shentou power station.
Background on Plant
Datang Shentou is a 2 x 500 MW coal plant in Shentou. Unit 1 was commissioned in 2004 and unit 2 in 2005. It is owned by China Datang and Tianjin Energy Investment Group.
- Sponsor: China Datang (60%) Tianjin Energy Investment Group (40%)
- Location: Shentou, Shuocheng, Shuozhou, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.3647887, 112.5332671 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,000 MW (Units 1&2: 500 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Years built: 2004 (Unit 1), 2005 (Unit 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: