Datang Xinyu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Xinyu-1 power station (大唐新余发电厂) is a 440-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangxi Province, China.
Datang Xinyu-2 is a proposed 2 x 1,000 MW coal-fired power station at the same site.
The undated satellite photo below shows the existing plant in Xinyu Prefecture.
The undated satellite photo below shows the location where the expansion project will be built at Liangshan Town, Yushui District, Xinyu Prefecture.
Background on Plant
Datang is planning to build two additional coal-fired units at the site, the Datang Xinyu-2 power station, with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW.
It was permitted for construction in 2015.
As of May 2018, Planet satellite photos from April 2018 show no construction.
The project appears in the Jiangxi Province Development Plan of the Railway Economic Belt (2019-2025), released in October 2019.
Project Details for Phase II Expansion
- Sponsor: Datang Intl Xinyu Power Gen
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Liangshan Town, Yushui, Xinyu Prefecture, Jiangxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 27.679755,114.956506 (exact)
- Status: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Coal source: Meishan Mine Area (梅山井田矿区).
- Source of financing: