Tongmei Tashan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Tongmei Tashan power station (同煤漳泽电力塔山发电公司) is a 2,520-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW of coal capacity is proposed.
The photo below shows the plant in Nanjiao District, Datong Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Plant
Phase II Expansion
Datong Coal planned to build two additional coal-fired units at the plant with a total planned capacity of 1,320 MW. The new units were under construction and scheduled to be completed in 2015.
Units 3-4 began operating in 2016.
Phase III Expansion
In June 2021, reporting referenced a third phase of 2 x 1,000 MW.
Project Details for Expansions
- Sponsor: Datong Coal Mining Group
- Parent company: Datong Coal Mining Group (60%), China Datang (40%)
- Location: Nanjiao District, Datong Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.9249917, 113.0839199 (exact)
- Status: Units 3-4: Operating, Units 5-6: Announced
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 3 & 4: 660 MW); 2,000 MW (Units 5 & 6: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Units 3-4: Supercritical; Units 5-6: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service: Units 3-4: 2016
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "第二批低热值煤发电项目公示", 山西省发展和改革委员会, 2013-11-22
- "同煤集团塔山循环经济园区简介", 山西企廉网, 2013-12-03
- "关于大同煤矿集团有限责任公司塔山2×660MW坑口电厂（二期扩建）低热值煤发电项目环境影响报告书的批复," China MEP, Dec 1, 2014
- "同煤集团电力产业长大了," Feb 19, 2016
- 山西首家百万发电机组晋能控股集团长治发电公司双机投产, xinhuanet, 2021-06-25