Dawson West coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Dawson West coal project is a proposed thermal coal mine which would lie 20km to the west of the town of Theodore, 80km southeast of Rolleston in southeastern Queensland, Australia.
The coal terminals in the Gladstone region are the likely destination for CMR’s Project export coal.
As of 2022, with no recent updates, the project is presumed cancelled.
The undated image below shows the approximate location of the proposed mine.
Coal Mine Background
The proposal to mine at Dawson West does not seem to have progressed since 2014.
- Sponsor: Civil & Mining Resources (CMR)
- Parent Company: ASF Group has significant shareholdings in CMR
- Location: 20km to the west of the town of Theodore, 80km south-east of Rolleston in south eastern Queensland, Australia
- GPS Coordinates: -24.889212, 149.682066 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Production Capacity:1.5 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 852 Mt 
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Thermal
- Mine Size: 1,436km2
- Mine Type:
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: