Dayou Shihao Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The Shihao Coal Mine was built in December 1971 and put into production in December 1984. The designed production capacity was 0.6 million tons per year. In 2009, the approved production capacity was 0.9 million tons per year. The hydrogeological conditions of the Shihao Coal Mine are complex. From 1984 to 2009, there have been 18 water burst accidents. Although no casualties were caused, it has greatly affected normal production. The approved production capacity in 2019 is 1.2 million tons per year.
- Operator: Henan Dayou Energy Co., Ltd. Shihao Coal Mine
- Owner: Yima Coal Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Duanyan Village, Guanyintang Town, Shanzhou District, Sanmenxia City, Henan Province
- GPS Coordinates: 34.725150, 111.545352
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.20 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 32 million tonne
- Mineable Reserves: 9.6 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Coking coal (Met)
- Mine Size: 10.4473 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 1984