De Wittekrans coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The De Wittekrans coal mine is a proposed surface and underground mine, to be operated by Canyon Coal, producing 3.6 million tonnes per annum, near Hendrina, Mpumalanga province, South Africa.
The map below shows the exact location of the proposed mine, Hendrina, Mpumalanga province, South Africa.
As of 2020, environmental authorization for the project has been granted. A water-use license for the opencast operations is currently in progress.
- Parent Company: Canyon Coal
- Location: Hendrina, Mpumalanga province, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -26.144916, 29.739367 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 3.6 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 79.9 mt
- Coal type: Thermal
- Workforce Size: 430
- Mine Type: underground
- Start Year: 2020
- Source of Financing: